Monday, September 20, 2010

Beautiful You

For a long time now a friend of mine (Charity) has been trying to get me to blog. And for a long time I struggled to get started, wondering where to begin and what to blog about. I knew I wanted it to be a beauty blog, simply because its what I love. But I still wasn't sure what angle to take. Finally, after so long and many questions, here I am. 

This morning, after logging on to twitter I suddenly became super inspired. Rev Run tweeted : "Sum girls get fly for a bunch of guys, sum ladies do it 4 one guy, but the WISE woman does it 4 herself #feelgood"

I felt inspired by this because so often when we get ready to go out, whether for work or play, and we consider what kind of reaction we will get from others. How many times have you said to yourself "Oh! My hair is a hot mess," or "does this make me look frumpy" or "I can't go out looking like this!" I know I've done it, better yet, catch myself doing it all the time. Question is, who are we asking these questions for? Is it because you wonder yourself or because you wonder what others might think? Once you figure that out the transformation can begin.

We've all heard "beauty comes from within." Well, its the truth! Its more than just physical - that stuff is just the icing on the cake. How you perceive yourself, how you feel about your perception and what you choose to radiate… thats the real beauty. YOU, no one else, just you, are the only one that can validate you. Truth is, until you are ready to see yourself as the beautiful being that God created - beautifully, wonderfully and uniquely made, those other opinions still won't matter because they won't be good enough. If you want to "make" yourself beautiful (more than you already are) -hair, makeup, clothes, body- do it for you. Numero Uno!

You were created with different hair, eyes, skin, shape, talent, gifts and personality. You are uniquely you. Embrace it. Love it. Don't be afraid to Esteem Yourself. After all, it is called Self-Esteem. There was no mistake in making you. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.

JC

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I think this is especially important for young girls to learn. There is too much pressure on young ladies today to be beautiful but not to value their inner beauty and strengths. Enjoyed your blog! Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog thru twitter. Lovin' it so far and can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete