Monday, February 28, 2011

Love and the Ultimate Sacrifice

Can you imagine having a love for someone so strong that you would give your very own life to save their soul? That is exactly what the Lord did for each and every one of us. In the Bible, John 3:16 says 


"For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son so that whosoever shall believe in him will not perish but have eternal life"


Wow! God knew us before we were even created. And before we even got here He sent son Jesus to die for our sins so that we may be saved. 


Now I don't know about you but I get very happy and excited when someone close to me anticipates a need and fulfills that need before I even get an opportunity to ask!


Imagine driving home from work extra hungry and knowing that you have to cook... You are tired, don't feel like cooking but you have a family that is depending on you... Now imagine that you walk through the door to this spectacular aroma. The table is prepared and the children are all washed up. Imagine the feeling you get knowing that your spouse thought so much of you that he/she lightened the load for you. Doesn't that make you want to do anything and everything keep your husband or wife happy?


Now imagine God... He has anticipated every need that we would have before we even step foot on this earth - from shelter, food and clothes to salvation! And all He wants of us is that we love Him, obey His word and spread His word. That's it!


If you are ready to receive your salvation, the Bible says all you have to do is believe in your heart and confess with your mouth (Romans 10:9). You can say your own prayer but here is one in case you're not sure where to start...


" Lord Jesus, I believe you are the son of God. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Please forgive my sins and give me the gift of eternal life. I ask you into my life and heart to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve you always."


I accepted Jesus into my life when I was young and just recently rededicated my life to the Lord. It is the best decision that I have made and I hope you will join me.


God is love and God is life. Be blessed.


JC

2 comments:

  1. You must know it doesn't matter where you've been, where you are from or what you have done. God loves you and is after your heart. Anyone who truly believes can receive salvation. I don't have all the answers but I would love to hear from you if you prayed this prayer or have any questions. Jamilacurry1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Ive read almost everyone of your blogs and I must say that this has been the best thus far! For me it was tear jerking, but in all good ways! Not only has God already paid the price for each of us, but He is with us even in our daily disappointments, trials, and tribulations. And no matter how bad we mess up daily He always welcomes us back with open arms! Yes we will pay the consequences, good or bad, but His love endures all and He never leaves or forsakes us! Amen!! Great post Mila!!

    ReplyDelete